A local game is where one or more human players and zero or more computer players (bots) play using a single device.
To Setup a local game:
- Launch Cards,
- Ensure you are on the Local tab (as shown above),
- Tick the Card Set or Card Sets you'd like to play with,
- Set the number of rounds to play, between 1 and 100, Default 10,
- Select the number of cards per player, between 2 and 20, Default 10,
- "Never have I" and "Rebooting the Universe" will be added in a future version, so cannot be enabled yet,
Add all players, including bots,
- Cards will try to find your user accounts Display Name and populate this as the first user, if you don't like what it found click on it and click Remove,
- To add human players type their name in the box provided and click Add,
- To add a computer player (or bot) type bot in square brackets followed by a name and click Add, e.g.
Once you are happy with your settings click Start Local Game,
The first time you play cards you may get a Windows Security Alert, select both private networks and public networks tick boxes and click Allow access, otherwise Cards will not work,
- You'll be prompted to pass the device to the first player, do this, then they should click Ok.
The first player is now ready to choose the card(s) they want to play.