Network Game (Join)
A Network Game is where 2 or more human players and 0 or more computer players (bots) play using their own devices (bots "play" on the host's computer. Each Network Game must have a host.
To join a Network Game hosted by another player:
- Launch Cards,
- Go to the Join tab on the setup screen,
- Cards will try to find your user accounts Display Name and populate this as Your Name, if you don't like what it found, simply change this to what you like,
- Enter the IP Address provided by the hosting player,
- Amend the Port, if needed,
- the IP Address is the section before the (last) colon and the port is the number afterwards,
- IPv4 Example: 220.127.116.11:60069
- IPv6 Example: ca7d:ca7d::1a2b:60069
- Once you are happy with your settings, click Join Game,
- The first time you play Cards you may get a Windows Security Alert, select both Private networks and Public networks tick boxes and click Allow access, otherwise Cards will not work,
- You will be taken to a waiting screen until all players have joined
- Once all players have joined, you'll be able to choose your card(s) for the first round.